We will do everything possible to make your stay most enjoyable. To ensure you will have a pleasant experience at Old Milford Inn, we have established the following policies. Please take a few moments to review these policies and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Guests must be 18 years or older unless accompanied by an adult. Room rates include double occupancy. Rates are quoted per night. There isn’t any sales tax for bed and breakfast rooms in Ohio, but there is sales tax for food served on the premises. Hence the reason for optional breakfast. The sales tax would have to be charged if both room and breakfast were under one charge.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. We accept MC, VISA, AE and gift certificates. We do not accept personal checks.
Due to the historic nature of our building, and for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow smoking or incense/candle burning in any of our guestrooms or on the grounds of the Old Milford Inn. Inn guests smoking in the house or on the grounds will be charged a minimum $150 fee.
Quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am.
A valid photo I.D. and credit card will be required at check-in.
Check-in: Between 4 pm and 7 pm. Please, no calls or late arrivals after 9 pm out of respect and courtesy of other house guests and our innkeeper.
Check out: 11 am. Guests are asked not to linger on the property so our staff can prepare the facilities for incoming guests.
Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is different than a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last-minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking a room. For this reason, we uphold a strict cancellation policy.
- Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of their actual arrival or departure date.
- No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
- Should you cancel outside of 10 days of your reservation date, 50% of your booking will be refunded.
- Cancellations made 9 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival forfeit the full reservation value and the full reservation value will be charged to their credit card.
- Rescheduled/changed reservations: Should you reschedule your reservations 9 days or less from your reservation date, only 50% of your booking value will be transferred to your new reservation. Again, last minute cancellations/changes affect us significantly.
- Whole house bookings require a 30-day notice of cancellation for a full refund. Only 50% of your reservation value will be refunded to existing whole house reservations if rescheduled/changed within the 30 day period.
Guests, Children, and Pets
We cater to the comfort, privacy, and security of our registered guests. Visitors of guests are only permitted on the property with the prior approval of the innkeeper. If you would like any non-registered guests to join you for breakfast there is an additional charge of $15 per person, and advance notice to the innkeeper is required.
The Old Milford Inn is regarded as a quiet escape and romantic getaway for most of our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment. Therefore, it is not an appropriate place for children under 8 years of age.
We regret that we are not able to accommodate pets at this time.
Old Milford Inn is privately owned and operated. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not be responsible for guest’s accidents or injury, or for the loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind.
Thank you for leaving your room in as good as shape as it was provided to you. Any damage caused by you or your invited guests to Old Milford Inn, inside or outside of your room, will result in a charge to the credit card on file for the damage(s) and/or additional cleaning.
We reserve the right to enter any room to make repairs in the case of an emergency.
By making a reservation, you expressly agree to abide by the House Rules.